"I know my kids are loved and well cared for. The teachers are wonderful, Christlike examples. The NCA community is like a family."
-- Elementary parent
Commitment to Christian Education
According to the Bible, parents are responsible for the training of their children (Deut. 6:1-7; Prov. 22:6; Eph. 6:1-4). Nicaragua Christian Academy serves as partners with parents in providing an excellent education consistent with biblical truth. Harmony between home and school provides the best environment for godly training to take place. We seek to nurture development in integrity, respect, obedience, self-discipline, godly living, wisdom, responsibility, thankfulness, service, and eternal values.
NCA International has approximately 320 students enrolled in preschool through twelfth grade. Approximately 55% of these come from Nicaraguan families, and most of the remaining students are children of international missionaries (from the United States, South Korea, Canada and other Latin American countries).
Entrance Age Requirement
Preschool placement is strictly by student age, based on a September 30 cut-off. Students who by September 30 have turned three years old will be considered for preschool level 1; four-year-olds (by Sep 30) will be considered for preschool level 2; five-year-olds (by Sep 30) will be considered for Kindergarten. First graders should be six years old. Students who do not turn three years old until after September 30 are not yet eligible for enrollment.
English Language Requirement
Students entering the preschool program who do not have English as a first language may be placed with other students sharing their language ability. Students six years of age or older need to speak English fluently before being admitted, as determined by our entrance evaluation and student interview.
Family Partnership Requirement
Part of our admissions process includes a family interview for each new family. NCA International recognizes that our ability to accomplish our mission and vision is based heavily on the level of support and partnership we have with the family of each of our students. We seek to enroll students whose families have a clear commitment to Christian education, as described above. By the act of seeking admission, the student and parents make a commitment with the school to uphold and abide by its philosophy, expectations and policies.
Available Space Requirement
Our classes are limited to 15 students in preschool level 1, 18 students in preschool level 2, 20 students in Kindergarten, and 22 students in all other levels. The primary and intentional ministry of NCA International is to provide Christian education for the children of evangelical missionary families. All other families are welcome and encouraged to apply.
1. Submit required documents
- New Student Application (print pages 3-6 and complete by hand, including signatures)
- NCA Family Covenant (print and sign)
- Copy of birth certificate or passport
- Copy of vaccination records
- Report cards (previous year and all secondary)
- Letter of economic solvency (if transferring from a private school in Nicaragua)
- Missionary families: appointment letter on official mission letterhead
- Non-missionary families: two letters of reference (one from your church pastor)
- 7th-12th grade: course selection form
2. Entrance evaluation
You may choose to do one of the following:
- Students transferring from American schools may submit recent (last 12 months) standardized test results (national or state tests)
- Schedule an entrance evaluation (grades PK2-12th)
- PK1 students do not need an evaluation, but must be potty-trained and turn 3 years old by September 30
3. Family/student interview
- A family interview is required for each new family; both parents or guardians must be present.
- A student interview is required for all students entering 7th-12th grades.
For our normal admissions cycle, all of the above steps must be completed by the third Friday in April. Admissions decisions will be shared via an official email notification before May 15. Late and midyear admissions applications will only be considered if there is available space in the grade(s) requested.
Upon being accepted to NCA International, parents must meet with our school business manager, sign a payment contract, and pay the non-refundable registration fee ($260 per student).
- New Student Application
- Reenrollment Form
- Tuition and Fees
- ATODS Policy
- NCA Family Covenant (English)
- NCA Family Covenant (Spanish)
- Many more resources are available on our Calendar and Resources page.
Our school’s tuition rates are subsidized by the fact that most of our teachers receive below-market salaries and raise financial support to supplement their income while serving at NCAI. In cases where a student’s education is paid by a business, organization or embassy, we require them to pay the actual cost of the education we offer according to the established fee structure (see the Tuition Table for details).
Still Have Questions?
If you still have questions about enrollment at NCA International, you will probably find many of your answers on this Frequently Asked Questions page.