"By far the greatest strengths are the Christian teachers. Never have we encountered such a loving, caring group of staff members in one school. We also appreciate the flexibility to have students attend school part-time, full-time, or home-school (while still taking advantage of the after-school activities). In addition, we appreciate the light that NCA is in the greater Managua community."
-- Elementary/High school parent
A Unique Opportunity
NCA International is a unique school with an exciting task in Nicaragua. NCA seeks to train up future leaders to demonstrate true servant leadership and make decisions based on the Word of God and a compassion for their country. As a teacher at NCA International, you are given the awesome responsibility of teaching and preparing children for leadership in government, business, education, the church, and their communities. Our vision is the formation of Christ-followers who, motivated by heartfelt love for God, live as global agents of change!
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ; Evangelical Christian testimony with active local church experience
- 4-year degree in Education or "in-field"
- Teacher certification and 2 years experience recommended for all positions
- Sense of calling to teach in a developing nation setting
- Willingness to make a three (or more) year commitment
- Basic monthly stipend provided: $550 living stipend + $170 housing stipend
- Housing arrangements made by school
- Visa and residency costs while in the country
- Tuition discount for children
- Cross-cultural setting and many opportunities to serve
Teachers are encouraged to seek support through evangelical mission agencies and through local churches to cover their travel and monthly living expenses. The basic monthly stipend is generally enough to cover the in-country living expenses of a single teacher. We recommend raising additional support to cover family expenses, travel to and from Nicaragua, medical insurance, and other financial obligations.
How do I Begin?
- Watch the video (above) to learn more about our school.
- Look at the list of current opportunities (below).
- Complete the teacher application or volunteer application and submit it by email, along with required attachments, by January 30 (or later if positions remain unfilled).
- Contact your references to have them complete and send the pastoral recommendation and professional recommendation.
- If you have questions, start by reading our FAQ.
- Teacher Application (English) (Spanish)
- Volunteer Application (English)
- Pastoral Recommendation (English) (Spanish)
- Professional Recommendation (English) (Spanish)
- New Teacher Information Packet
Current NCA International Openings
NCA International is currently seeking interested individuals to fill the following positions for the 2017-2018 school year (orientation begins July 24, 2017; teacher crash course begins July 19, 2017).
NCAI Assistant to the Director
Start Date: November 20, 2017
The role of the Assistant to the Director is to free the General Director’s time from organizing and administrative tasks so that he can spend maximum time on strategic tasks. The assistant serves as the first point of contact in most communication with internal and external clients, and manages the logistical details of all of the director’s primary responsibilities. / El papel del Asistente al Director es liberar el tiempo del Director General de las tareas organizativas y administrativas para que pueda dedicar el máximo tiempo a tareas estratégicas. El asistente es el primer punto de contacto en la mayoría de las comunicaciones con clientes internos y externos, y administra los detalles logísticos de todas las responsabilidades principales del director.
NCAI Technology Assistant
Start Date: November 20, 2017
The purpose of the technology assistant is to support the school’s instructional program by installing and maintaining all technological equipment in good working condition and providing technology-related support for all teaching and non-instructional staff. / El propósito del asistente de tecnología es apoyar el programa de enseñanza escolar a través de instalar y mantener todos los equipos de tecnología funcionando en buen estado, y proveyendo apoyo tecnológico a todo el personal docente y no-docente.
NCAI Youth Group Lead Volunteer
Start Date: October 2, 2017
Volunteer high school or middle school youth group lead; works with the NCAI Chaplain who coordinates the overall program; part-time or full-time opportunity.