Summer Camp Teacher
What is Summer Camp?
Each summer, NCA International hosts a day camp for children ages 3 to 12. Through a host of activities and a dynamic staff of volunteer teachers, children learn about Jesus while improving their English and Spanish skills.
The camp runs for five weeks during June and July. Camp days begin at 9:00 a.m. and last until 1:00 p.m. Campers take part in daily chapel, attend English (ESL) or Spanish (SSL) classes, and have the opportunity to do arts, crafts, games, swimming and activities based around a weekly theme. Participants also enjoy weekly field trips to various locations around Nicaragua.
Camp Dates (2018)
There are two days of orientation for Summer Camp teachers the week before it begins. Orientation and planning is on June 14-15, 2018, and the summer camp runs from June 18 to July 20 (5 weeks).
How can I get involved?
NCA Summer Camp is seeking volunteer teachers from the United States and Canada who sense God's leading into international missionary service. As a short-term missionary teacher, you can play a valuable role in sharing the gospel to Nicaraguan children and helping them improve their English skills. Stepping out of their comfort zone, camp teachers will enjoy the challenges of living in a developing country and return to their homes with a new perspective.
To apply to be a Summer Camp teacher, please fill out and send in the application form at the bottom of this page.
What you will need:
- A strong desire to serve God and His kingdom by ministering to children in Nicaragua
- The ability to raise your own support to cover your expenses to and from and while staying in Nicaragua
- A valid passport
- Hepatitis A, Tetanus, and Typhoid vaccinations are recommended
- Any materials and supplies you think you will need to work and teach at summer camp
- The ability to be flexible
Teachers may receive:
- Furnished teacher housing (a ten-minute walk from the Academy) including flushing toilets, electricity, bedding, cleaning service, a pool, and 24-hour security
- Internet access
- Occasional opportunities to work at food distribution centers or orphanages and sightseeing in Nicaragua
- An unforgettable experience serving God and others in Central America
For more information or to apply to work at Summer Camp, please download the appropriate file below:
All correspondence should be sent to the summer camp directors, Luis Castellón (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ana Gutiérrez (email@example.com).