What parents are saying...
"We are conscious that the cost of education at NCA is consistent with the quality, attention, and different benefits that our daughter receives." - - - Parent of primary student
Commitment to Christian Education
According to the Bible, parents are responsible for the training of their children (Deut. 6:1-7; Prov. 22:6; Eph. 6:1-4). Nicaragua Christian Academy serves as partners with parents in providing an excellent education consistent with biblical truth. Harmony between home and school provides the best environment for godly training to take place. We seek to nurture development in integrity, respect, obedience, self-discipline, godly living, wisdom, responsibility, thankfulness, service, and eternal values.
NCA Matagalpa has approximately 245 students enrolled in kindergarten through tenth grade. Approximately 95% of these come from Nicaraguan families, and the remaining students are children of international missionaries (from the United States).
Entrance Age Requirement
Preschool placement is strictly by student age, based on a February 28 cut-off. Students who by February 28 have turned five years old will be considered for preschool level 3 (kindergarten). First graders should be six years old. This year, we are open to admitting students who turn 4 by February 28 for preschool level 2 (Pre-K 4), assuming we have a minimum of 15 applicants.
Family Partnership Requirement
Part of our admissions process includes a family interview for each new family. NCA Matagalpa recognizes that our ability to accomplish our mission and vision is based heavily on the level of support and partnership we have with the family of each of our students. We seek to enroll students whose families have a clear commitment to Christian education, as described above. By the act of seeking admission, the student and parents make a commitment with the school to uphold and abide by its philosophy, expectations and policies. Parents are also required to provide five hours of volunteer service each year in support of school activities or development.
Available Space Requirement
Our classes are limited to 20 students in preschool and 25 students in all other levels. The primary and intentional ministry of NCA Matagalpa is to provide a decidedly-Christian education for the children of like-minded families.
- Complete student file
- Completed and signed application (download)
- Copy of birth certificate or passport - Original birth certificate required for Kindergarten
- Copy of vaccination card
- Certified copy of grades from previous school
- Recommendation letter from previous school (discipline and academic performance)
- Certificate of financial solvency from previous school
- Two letters of recommendation (one from the pastor of your church or leader of the small group at your church)
- Copy of both parent's identification
- MINED identification number
- Entrance exam (mathematics and Spanish) and interview with teacher of the grade
- Interview with the family (interview with the student for those entering 7-11)
- Acceptance letter from the Director of NCA Matagalpa
- Read and sign Family Covenant (for all students) and ATODS Policy (for students in 7-11)
- Sign payment agreement
- Pay Registration fee (non-refundable)
Non-Discrimination Policy: NCA Matagalpa, in its admissions practices and policies, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, origin, age, discapacity, or any other characteristic that is protected by law
Please view our resource page for additional documents relevant to student life at NCA Matagalpa.